Zoes Kitchen opens on Magnolia

George Baldwin, regional vice president; Tyre Stuckey, west coast vice president and Tyler Sumner, general manager are working to finish the new Zoes Kitchen on Magnolia Avenue. (Alex Sager / PHOTO EDITOR)

The day that Zoes Kitchen lovers have been waiting for has finally arrived.

Zoes Kitchen is opening a location on East Magnolia Avenue, which is its 50th location, July 21.

This marks its eighth location in Alabama, but the first in Lee County. The restaurant is at 234B W. Magnolia Ave., beside Chill yogurt.

"Many of our Auburn customers have told us they travel to other Zoes restaurants throughout the state for tasty kebabs, sandwiches, salads and more," said Kevin Miles, president of Zoes Kitchen.

Previously, the closest Zoes location was in Montgomery, which is 54.49 miles from campus. Now it is only a street away.

Kelsey Schilling, junior in English, grew up where Zoes was only a few miles away. She said she missed Zoes when she came to college and is thrilled one will be opening in Auburn.

"I am excited that Zoes is coming to auburn," Shilling said. "It is different food than the restaurants we have here now. It is quick and easy and offers fresh food."

A VIP event was held July 20 for locals who were excited about the arrival of the restaurant and interested in knowing more about it. The event involved a live band, drinks and food.

"It is our way of reaching out to the community," said Tyler Sumner, general manger of Auburn's Zoes.

The grand opening is July 21 at 11 a.m.

Zoes Kitchen is Mediterranean inspired, serving comfort food with made-from-scratch recipes, using fresh ingredients to create savory dishes.

Schilling said the chicken rollups are her favorite item on the menu.

The menu also includes pita pizzas, shrimp and kebabs.

The restaurant was founded in Birmingham in 1995 and has exploded in popularity ever since.

Sumner said the business has wanted to come to Auburn for a while, but finding the right place took some time. He said they are excited that the location is in walking distance from campus and easily accessible to students.

"It is absolutely affordable for students," Sumner said. "It is the best food you are going to get for what you pay for it."

Meals range from $6-8. Zoes also accepts the Tiger Club Account available on the Tiger Card.

"You get a lot of food for the money," Schilling said. "I always get two meals out of it."

Customers who visit Auburn's Zoes location from July 21-28 will receive a free Zoes sports cup if they subscribe to Z-mail email notifications. These customers will be eligible for free refills through July.

At Zoes, customers can dine in, order online or call ahead for takeout.

"Zoes will become one of my new takeout favorites," Schilling said.

Share and discuss “Zoes Kitchen opens on Magnolia” on social media.