Have you HeAUrd that?

The Student Government Association passed a $4,000 motion Monday night to design the new student feedback system "HeAUrd That."

The system will be available to students via a link on Auburn's "current students" tab under most popular applications.

Students will have the ability to give feedback on eight different areas: dining, facilities, student life, academics, parking, housing, Tiger Topics and international students.

The facilities section will include updates on current and future projects on campus, and the student life section includes topics such as athletics, conduct and disabilities.

Tiger Topics will include the topic of the month or any other concern not listed in other sections.

The program was initially a goal of SGA President Kirby Turnage and his platform for election in February 2011.

"We wanted to design something that is available to students 24/7, 365 days a year," Turnage said.

The system will also allow students to access frequently asked questions and answers about the specific sections. If more help is required, a student can then log in using their Auburn ID and give feedback on their concern.

Turnage said a major goal of the program was to create "a platform for students to express themselves."

Assistant Vice President of Information and Technology Will Hardison, a major contributor to the project, explained his reasoning behind establishing the system.

"(We needed) to make it easier for students to submit feedback," Hardison said. "With this being online, it gives students a way to submit feedback all the time."

The idea was presented in July to the OIT staff, who will begin building the page this week, Hardison said.

Turnage was hopeful for a 3-4 week site build and a release date close to Thanksgiving. He also said he hopes this to be the beginning of more improvements for student feedback.

Share and discuss “Have you HeAUrd that?” on social media.