Shots fired by police officer at East University and North Dean Tuesday morning

The Alabama Bureau of Investigation will be investigating an incident in which an Auburn police officer fired shots into a vehicle Tuesday morning.

According to a release from the Auburn Police Division, the patrolman attempted a traffic stop at about 8:10 a.m. at the intersection of East University Drive and North Dean Road. The driver of the Chevrolet Cavalier, Antonio O. Scott, 22, struck the officer with his car as he attempted to flee the scene.

The officer fired shots into the vehicle, and he and several other patrols followed Scott to the 1100 block of Rustic Ridge Road.

Scott's vehicle struck a curb, at which point he took off on foot into a wooded area off Stoker Street near East University Drive.

Officers pursued, and Scott was taken into custody.

Scott, as well another uninvolved motorist, received no injuries. The officer, whose name is being withheld, received minor injuries.

The officer will be put on administrative leave, which is standard procedure for the Auburn police. Scott faces multiple charges, which have not been announced at this time.

Check back with The Auburn Plainsman for more information as it becomes available.

Share and discuss “Shots fired by police officer at East University and North Dean Tuesday morning” on social media.