Your view: Sex should be reserved for married couples

Last week's Plainsman had several articles that expressed multiple individuals' opinions concerning the purpose and timing of sex. To have a proper perspective on this very important issue, we must look to Scripture to see what God says about it.

In Genesis, God created man and woman and gave them the command to be fruitful and multiply, so we see that one purpose for sex is reproduction within a marriage. It is also a means of enjoyment and fulfillment within a marriage between one man and one woman. Sex is very special and should only exist within marriage.

First Timothy 1:10 is clear that sexual immorality is contrary to sound doctrine. Sexual immorality includes premarital sex (fornication), adultery, homosexuality and other related sins. In 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Paul warns his readers to "flee from sexual immorality" because it is an especially egregious sin.

God created sex to accomplish wonderful things within a marriage, and society has twisted, changed and diminished it into something that, outside of its original intent, brings dishonor to God and negatively affects everyone involved. Sex was designed to be enjoyed between one man and one woman in marriage, and any sexual activity outside of marriage is perversion and sin.

Thomas Sherer

junior, mechanical engineering

Share and discuss “Your view: Sex should be reserved for married couples” on social media.