24-hour fitness gym celebrates first year

This April, Herring Fitness Center will celebrate its first year as the only fully-automated gym in the Auburn and Opelika area.

"Two things set us apart," said former Auburn University linebacker and gym owner, Will Herring.

"First, we have a limited number of memberships. Second, our customer service is second to none. Many gyms have given our industry a bad reputation due to membership stipulations. We pride ourselves on being fair and reasonable with all our members," he said.

Herring, who currently plays for the New Orleans Saints, oversees the gym with the help of his wife, Ashley. The two strive to maintain a small clientele so customers have as much privacy as possible.

"We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year," Herring said. "Once we give our members their own code, they can access the gym at any time."

This open schedule worked well for busy Auburn alumna Jenifer Surface.

"I was interested in joining a gym, but wanted something a little more personal," Surface said. "When I found Herring Fitness it was exactly what I wanted. It has all the equipment for a wide variety of exercises, it isn't overcrowded and it's open 24/7."

Herring Fitness Center is unique because of its fully-automated access. The gym's doors are equipped with keypads so members must enter a personal pin number to be admitted.

"The main concern with 24-hour access is liability," Herring said. "We counter this concern with video surveillance and 911 pendants."

The center and its staff cater to a large demographic ranging from families with children to college students. Special rates are offered periodically to students, law enforcement, military, teachers and more.

"I like that I can go at 5 a.m. before my morning classes, or I can go at 11 p.m. if I can't make it early in the morning," said Elise Pace, senior in industrial design. "Other gyms can get so packed it will make you want to turn your car around and you may not want to see everyone there," she said.

Herring Fitness Center is located in Airport Plaza. Currently, the gym is offering a 30-day trial with a money back guarantee. For more information, visit the website at www.herringfitness.com or call 334-887-7733.

Share and discuss “24-hour fitness gym celebrates first year” on social media.