A Night of Total Exposure comes to Opelika

The Opelika area is preparing for "A Night of Total Exposure...Hair and Fashion Expo" when the event visits the Event Center Downtown March 17.

"This event will basically have everyone on the edge of their seats," said Nicole Bolden, senior in information systems management and director of operations for the event.

Formerly known as Total Control Promotions, the organization began with she and Marcus D. Smith got together and discussed a new business opportunity.

Bolden now serves as the company's chief financial officer under Smith, who took the role as chief executive officer.

"Our work ethics complement each other," Bolden said. "This businessman with so many great ideas and plans and myself, who could see the vision and knew how to make this vision a reality."

The event is the first project the duo has taken on under their company's new title, Totally Exposed Inc. It will feature activities for guests, local catering from Fishizzles Fish and Skrimps and will be hosted by celebrity stylist, Derek J from Atlanta, and actress Talesa J. Harris from Montgomery.

"There will be a runway and fashion show, hair show, live entertainment from local artists, door prizes, cash giveaway, vendors selling new, not sold-in-stores products and more," Bolden said. "We don't want to give too much away, however. It's a must for attendance."

Chris Middleton, fashion designer and CEO of her company, Chris Middleton of NYC, is traveling from New York City to attend the event.

"With the help of social media, I saw the casting for models and designers and I thought to myself, 'This would be a great way to showcase my new line of swimwear,'" Middleton said. Middleton researched the fashion preferences of the area to prepare for her trip south.

"I have pulled out my best designs to bring to Alabama," Middleton said.

"I'm overjoyed to come to the state and reveal my newest swimwear fashions. Middleton is one of many designers and stylists that will be featured at the event.

"We want to fill the venue with many hair stylists, make-up artists, models, designers, small business owners and more," said Bolden.

"We're expecting about 1,000 attendees." This event gives business owners an opportunity to showcase their talents and network with others in the industry.

"The fashion industry can be very competitive as well as demanding, and many people in the industry have landed their positions and gain that exposure through personal connections or their ability to network," Bolden said. "Totally Exposed Inc. wants to bridge that network."

The event will also strive to raise funds for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama. A board member from the foundation will be present at the event, and $1 for each ticket sold will be donated to research. The event will be held at The Event Center Downtown in Opelika.

Tickets are $20 and can be purchased a Dream Makers and Hat Shack in the Village Mall, RS1, Fishizzle's Fish and Skrimps or at the Event Center. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $25. The doors will open at 6 p.m. For more information about the event, visit the website at www.hairandfashionexp.com.

Share and discuss “A Night of Total Exposure comes to Opelika” on social media.