Jule Collins Smith Museum praised as "Best of Bama"

Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m., the "Life Interrupted" film series will have a screening of "Cradle Will Rock" at JCSM. (Courtesy of jcsm.auburn.edu)

Auburn University's own Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art was deemed Alabama's best art museum in a poll from the July/August edition of Alabama Magazine.

"What an honor to be chosen by popular vote as the best art museum in Alabama," museum Director Marilyn Laufer said Friday in a statement released by Auburn University. "We believe that art changes lives, and we work hard in every way to make that happen for our diverse audiences."

The institution won the art museum category in the "Best of Bama" online poll administered by the bimonthly magazine of state culture and living. The results were published in the latest edition of the magazine.

Founded in 2003, the Jule Collins Smith Museum will celebrate its tenth year of being our state's only university art museum and providing the Auburn community with magical exhibitions, enhancing programming, and always growing permanent collections.

The poll's categories represented many aspects of daily life in Alabama with including food and beverage, sports and recreation, arts and entertainment, shopping and various professional services.

The poll included over 100 subcategories ranging from different types of restaurants to favorite outdoor destinations and even had best university and best college football team sections.

The Museum sits behind an iconic, picturesque pond at 901 S. College St. For more information about the Museum, visit their website or call (334) 844-1484.

Share and discuss “Jule Collins Smith Museum praised as "Best of Bama"” on social media.