Niffer's expands to downtown Opelika

Niffer's is planning to open a new location in downtown Opelika. Construction began on the new building in August, which will take the place of the old Opelika Mercantile Company building. (Courtesy of OANow.com)

A favorite of visiting fans and hometown crowds alike, Niffer’s Place has been an Auburn establishment since 1991 for its tasty sandwiches, burgers and corn nuggets.
\0x10The restaurant, which has already operated a second location on Lake Martin in Dadeville since 2002, is now opening a third location in downtown Opelika at 917 S. Railroad Ave. by Las Margaritas Mexican Grill.
\0x10The Opelika-Auburn News reported senior project manager John Alexander said the restaurant will be 7,000 square feet, with a main dining area, a catering area and a reservation room for parties.
In August, workers began renovating the old Opelika Mercantile Company space to transform it into the new restaurant.
Alexander said memorabilia relating to the early 20th century feed and seed store will be decorating the interior of the restaurant. He said it will help connect patrons to the historic downtown district and the new store to its building’s history.
He said there is excitement all around town about the new opening.
One man in particular expressed his readiness for the new Niffer’s to open.
Opelika mayor Gary Fuller said in a statement there is excitement over the new addition making downtown even more desirable to residents and visitors looking for great dining options.
“We have a number of great places to eat, and Niffer’s will make downtown even more of a destination for food and fun,” Fuller said. ”I look forward to having them.”

Share and discuss “Niffer's expands to downtown Opelika” on social media.