2013 recruit Cameron Toney remains committed to Auburn

Huntsville High School linebacker Cameron Toney is one of few recruits to reiterate his commitment to Auburn after the firing of Gene Chizik Sunday, Nov. 25. (Contributed)

All is fair in love, war and college football.

In the weeks leading up to and the days following the firing of former head coach Gene Chizik, teams have taken the opportunity to attempt to pry away commitments from Auburn's currently 11th-ranked 2013 recruiting class.

Huntsville High School linebacker Cameron Toney, however, is staying.

"I'm not really saying much, but I can tell you I'm not decommitting," Toney said via text message.

The 3-star recruit did admit the uncertainty surrounding the future of the team's staff doesn't make it easy for recruits.

"It's tough for all, because we don't know who's coming, and we don't know if they want us all," Toney said.

Auburn has already felt the effects of the recruits' doubts.

Hours after Chizik was fired Sunday, Nov. 25, wide reciever Jaquay Williams decommitted.

Central Gwinnet High School linebacker Trey Johnson has plans to visit other schools, as do several other prospects.

Five-star defensive end Carl Lawson is reportedly being chased by Clemson and Florida State.

Four-star quarterback Jeremy Johnson told reporters before Chizik was fired he would decommit should Auburn part ways with Chizik. Now that Chizik is gone, Johnson has not commented on his future with the program.

Auburn's primary concern, however, lies with Auburn High School's Reuben Foster, ranked the No. 1 linebacker in the nation.

Foster famously switched commitments from Alabama to Auburn and sealed the deal by moving his family to Auburn and getting a large Auburn tattoo on his arm.

Foster attended Georgia's 42-10 win over Georgia Tech Saturday, Nov. 24 while Auburn was playing Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

Share and discuss “2013 recruit Cameron Toney remains committed to Auburn” on social media.