Baseball coach John Pawlowski fired

Coach John Pawlowski looks on in Auburn's final game. (Courtesy of Todd Van Emst)

John Pawlowski, the now former Auburn head baseball coach, was released from his duties by Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs Monday, May 27.

"I want to thank Coach Pawlowski for all he has done for Auburn baseball over the past five years," Jacobs said. "Coach Pawlowski worked extremely hard throughout his time here, and he has been a great representative for Auburn University. I have concluded it is time for our baseball program to move in a new direction. We have a rich baseball heritage and our goal is to compete for championships. I believe a change is necessary to help us achieve that goal, and I look forward to finding a coach who can get us there."

The baseball team recently found out that it was not selected to the NCAA Tournament after the Tigers were eliminated by Alabama in the first round of the SEC Tournament.

"Obviously we are disappointed we didn't get in," Pawlowski said. "I thought our team played very well the second half of the season after the start we had in the SEC. I'm very proud of what they did in the second half."

He may have been proud of the team's effort, but Auburn's 167- 126 (71-79 SEC) record over Pawlowski's five years as coach was not good enough for Jacobs.

"I appreciate the opportunity I had here at Auburn and I wish nothing but the best for this program and Auburn University," Pawlowski said. "I am grateful for the student-athletes that have played in this program and wish them all the success in the future."

Share and discuss “Baseball coach John Pawlowski fired” on social media.