Safety Lights and Homecoming campaigns at SGA Senate Council meeting

The north side of campus will be a little safer thanks to the approval of additional blue safety lights on Oct. 7 at the Student Government Association's Senate Council meeting.
The decision came after a majority response to a campus-wide survey conducted in the spring of 2013 expressing a need to bring in more blue-light emergency response points in the Village and CDV parking lots.
All present at the SGA senate council were in agreement that more safety lights were necessary given the amount of students living in the area.
Heather Henley, Molly Ann Dutton, Cody Nall, Hannah Wilson and Jacie Coressel, the five finalists for the 2013 Miss Homecoming pageant, formally introduced their campaigns to the SGA in preparation for the rest of the week.
Henley's campaign philanthropy focuses on volunteer work with elementary students, stressing the importance of having college-age students to mentor younger children and providing a friendly role model at an impressionable age.
"Be who you are, flaws and all," said Cody Nall, whose campaign is built around building independence and self-respect as well as providing counseling and therapy sessions for students.
Women's aid in emergency situations and preventing crisis situations is the focus of Molly Ann Dutton's campaign philanthropy to benefit the Safe Harbor center, claiming her own family's experience as her inspiration.
"If a woman ever finds her in a situation like that there needs to be a place where their friends can point them to get help," Dutton said.
Jacie Coressel's campaign philanthropy is based around drunk driving awareness and the availability of alternatives to driving home when intoxicated, in memory of a friend and sorority sister lost in a drunk driving accident earlier this year.
Providing soldiers overseas with something a little different than the traditional donation gifts is the campaign philanthropy of Hannah Wilson, who seeks donations from students of foodstuffs, books and other friendly gifts or cards to provide the military.
The vote for the 2013 Miss Homecoming will take place on Friday, Oct. 11 on the SGA website, with the ballot order one through five being Henley, Nall, Dutton, Coressel and Wilson, respectively.

Share and discuss “Safety Lights and Homecoming campaigns at SGA Senate Council meeting” on social media.