Retirements, road repairs, parade routes discussed at City Council

The majority of the Nov. 5 Auburn City Counci meeting, after a three-week hiatus from the last meeting Oct. 15, consisted of a quick discussion of traffic control ordinance, utility easements and closing of the streets for the Auburn Christmas parade.
The parade will be held Dec. 6 and is hosted by the Auburn Chamber of Commerce. The council agreed to shut down portions of Gay Street, Thatch Avenue, College Street and Glenn Avenue.
Also approved was a road-paving agreement between the city of Auburn and Lee County.
Parts of Mrs. James Road or Lee Road 081 are in the county and others are in the city. The county engineer recieved a good price for the job valued at $204,921.71 from East Alabama Paving Company, Inc.
The city will remburse the county for the cost of resurfacing the portion of Mrs. James Road that is maintained by the city.
The Council approved a service agreement with Allcomm Wireless, Inc for the city's 911 management system. The company will provide technical assistance, site response, 24/7 remote equipment diagnostics and software/firmware support for the city's 911 equipment at a cost of $23,125.50 for one year.
This is an annual contract that ensures citizens are in constant communication with the Emergency Management System.
The Council approved the purchase of 15 sets of turnout coats and pants for the fire department at a cost of $24,345 and one 2014 Ford F-150 Supercab pickup truck at a value of $21,930 for Environmental Services.
They also approved utility agreement with Southern Natural Gas Company for pipeline relocation costs for $19,720.
The agreement costs include preliminary engineering, preparation of design drawings and environmental evaluation.
The Council approved drainage and utility easements at Mimms Trail Subdivision and the southeast corner of Moores Mill and Grove Hill Roads.
Three people were appointed to the Tree Commission: Chuck Furlow, Steve Eden and Ed Lowenstein. The term expires, Nov, 7, 2016.
The city decided to continue a development agreement with WBB, LLC Hyundai of Auburn located at 823 Opelika Road.
The Council recognized Tim Youngblood as November's employee of the month.
Edward Charles Howard of water resource management was recognized for his 29 years of service and was recognized as a retiring employee.
Catrina Cook from the environmental services department and Houston Manning from the parks and recreation department received 15-year service pins.

Share and discuss “Retirements, road repairs, parade routes discussed at City Council” on social media.