Retirements, road repairs, parade routes discussed at Nov. 5 City Council

The Auburn City Council recognized Tim Youngblood as November's employee of the month.
Catrina Cook from the environmental services department and Houston Manning from the parks and recreation department received 15-year service pins.
Edward Charles Howard of water resource management was recognized for his 29 years of service and was recognized as a retiring employee.
The city is not in a development agreement with WBB, LLC Hyundai of Auburn located at 823 Opelika Road.
The Council approved the purchase of 15 sets of turnout coats and pants for the fire department at a cost of $24,345.
The Council also approved a service agreement with Allcomm Wireless, Inc for the city's 911 management system. The company will provide technical assistance, site response, 24/7 remote equipment diagnostics, and software/firmware support for the city's 911 equipment at a cost of $23,125.50 for one year.
Additionally, the Council approved the purchase of one 2014 Ford F-150 Supercab pickup truck at a value of $21,930.
They also approved utility agreement with Southern Natural Gas Company for pipeline relocation costs for $19,720. The agreement costs include preliminary engineering, preparation of design drawings and environmental evaluation.
The Council approved drainage and utility easements at Mimms Trail Subdivision and the southeast corner of Moores Mill and Grove Hill Roads. Mimms Trail Subdivision was approved for a sewer easement.
Three people were appointed to the Tree Commission -- Chuck Furlow, Steve Eden and Ed Lowenstein.

Share and discuss “Retirements, road repairs, parade routes discussed at Nov. 5 City Council” on social media.