Soccer advances in SEC tournament after dramatic OT victory against LSU

Auburn's Bianca Sierra kicks the game winning penalty kick in overtime for Auburn to win 1-0 over LSU. (CONTRIBUTED BY Todd Van Emst)

Auburn was able to earn its fourth consecutive win to keep its conference winning streak alive with its 1-0 overtime win Monday night Nov. 4 in a win or go home match against the seven-seed LSU in the first round of the SEC Tournament.
After winning three consecutive times in conference play to close out the regular season, Auburn was able to grab the 10-seed, the last spot in the SEC Tournament.
The Auburn soccer team continues to win games when it matters most.
Auburn will advance next to play the second-seed Texas A&M in a second round match Wednesday Nov. 6 at noon in Orange Beach, Ala.
The lone goal in the game came with three minutes remaining in the first overtime after LSU committed a foul inside of its own box. Senior defender Bianca Sierra shot the penalty kick and scored the game winner for Auburn.
In the first half LSU had five shots while Auburn only had four. Each team had two saves in the opening half.
But in the second half there was more offense from both teams. LSU had eight shots in the second half but Auburn's goalkeeper Alicen Wright was able to make two more saves to have four total saves on the night.
Auburn picked up their offensive production in the second half with 11 shots but LSU's goalkeeper Megan Kinneman continued to make four saves and had seven total saves.
After regulation ended, Auburn kept its offensive production high in overtime with four more shots.
They then were able to find the back of the net and win the game with Sierra's penalty kick goal.

Share and discuss “Soccer advances in SEC tournament after dramatic OT victory against LSU” on social media.