Soccer falls to Texas A&M in SEC quarterfinals

Casie Ramsier. Anna Grafton / PHOTO EDITOR

The Auburn soccer team came up short in the quarterfinals when going for their fifth consecutive win after losing 1-0 to No. 21 ranked Texas A&M, the No. 2 seed in the SEC Tournament.
Although Auburn's season ended this afternoon, the Tigers ended their season on a high note with a seven game conference undefeated streak (4-0-3) before losing to the Aggies.
This was also the third consecutive year Auburn made it to at least the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament.
Texas A&M controlled the tempo of the first half, getting 14 shots off while Auburn only had one shot on goal in the opening half.
Despite the Aggies controlling the game offensively, they only scored one goal in the game due to Alicen Wright's performance in net for Auburn.
The lone goal came with 28 minutes remaining in the first half, when Allie Bailey scored from 10 yards out off of a deflection to give the Aggies the lead.
Auburn came out stronger in the second half ready to attack the net with plenty of shots on goal.
The Tigers' best opportunity came with three minutes left in the game when Casie Ramsier's near miss resulted in a free kick. But the Tigers could not score off of the free kick and Aggie yellow card.
Before the Tigers had another chance to try to tie it up again, time ran out in the match when Texas A&M was on offense on the other side of the field.
Texas A&M will now advance to the semifinals Friday night and will face the winner of today's match between South Carolina and Georgia.

Share and discuss “Soccer falls to Texas A&M in SEC quarterfinals” on social media.