Malzahn wins Home Depot Coach of the Year Award

Gus Malzahn celebrates after winning the SEC Championship game against Missouri. (Zachary Bland / PHOTOGRAPHER)

This season just keeps getting better and better for Gus Malzahn.
After going 12-1, winning the SEC championship and earning a berth in the BCS National Championship game, all in his first season on The Plains, Malzahn has now been named the Home Depot national coach of the year.
The award will be presented to Malzahn Thursday, Dec.12 at 7 p.m. as part of the Home Depot College Football Awards show.
Malzahn engineered a turnaround this season that matches the biggest in college football history after Auburn went 3-9 in 2012.
He has also turned the offense from one of the worst in the country last season, to one of the best this season. His offense leads the nation in rushing yards and is in the top 10 in total offense.
Earlier this week Malzahn was named the Associated Press SEC Coach of the Year, and the SEC coaches will name their coach of the year later today.
Malzahn is also a finalist for the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year and the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year.

Share and discuss “Malzahn wins Home Depot Coach of the Year Award” on social media.