Miss Auburn University 2014 to be crowned tomorrow night

A new Miss Auburn University will win the crown tomorrow at 7 p.m. at Auburn High School’s Performing Arts Center.
This year’s contestants include Ashley Willis, last year’s first runner up and swimsuit winner, and Meg McGuffin, second runner up and talent winner. Willis and McGuffin placed behind Holland Brown, 2013 Miss Auburn University. Brown said although tomorrow will be bittersweet, she is excited for the chance to pass on the title.
“It’s been a long year, but it’s been a great year,” Brown said. “It’s definitely the most rewarding thing I’ve done at Auburn, but I’m ready for another girl to have that opportunity.”
The competition consists of several components, including an interview, talent portion, swimsuit portion and community service. The winner of the competition will represent Auburn in June at the Miss Alabama pageant, a preliminary of the Miss America system.
Two previous titleholders, Jenny Jackson and Catherine Crosby, went on to win the Miss Alabama pageant in 1988 and 2003, respectively.
Prizes include one year of tuition for Alabama residents or two-thirds tuition for non-residents. The Miss Auburn University Scholarship Program is put on by the Auburn University Student Government Association. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door.

The 2014 Miss Auburn University candidates are:

Susanna Bagwell
Suzanne Bruton
Emily Esleck
Kaitlyn Hudson
Kayla King
Meg McGuffin
Summer Myrick
Alexandra Renfroe
Sarah Speetjens
Jill Vinzant
Rachel Ware
Ashley Willis

Share and discuss “Miss Auburn University 2014 to be crowned tomorrow night” on social media.