All In All Pink brings breast cancer awareness to Auburn

Aubie shows his support. (Kenny Moss | Photographer)

Orange may be the color of choice on game days in Auburn, but on Wednesday, pink dominated the student center green space as the annual "ALL IN ALL PINK" program for breast cancer awareness took place.
Started four years ago by Ebony Craig, the program included speeches by breast cancer survivors, medical advice by healthcare professionals and a performance by the AU Gospel Choir.
Craig spoke of why she started the program.
"Personally, I have been affected by breast cancer through my family," Craig said. "I want other people to be aware that this can happen to them. I got my sorority [Alpha Kappa Alpha] together and wanted to do something small."
What started out as a small idea instantly grew.
"The Office of University Outreach caught wind of it and said 'let's do something bigger because we want to support your passion'," Craig said.
The Office of the Vice President for University Outreach sponsors the event in collaboration with the Office of Public Service and the Kappa Chi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Free t-shirts, pizza and drinks were passed out to guests, while medical professionals were set up under tents to give any medical advice needed.
Alexis Jackson, past-president of Alpha Kappa Alpha, spoke of the importance of the event.
"This event is to let students and people in the community know about breast cancer and the risks and preventions," Jackson said. "You can do your own research and be a self-advocate."
Jackson, a senior in biomedical sciences, spoke about the importance of self-exams, especially for students.
"One of the stigmas behind students is that it [breast cancer] can't affect us because we are entirely too young," Jackson said. "It can impact at any age."

Share and discuss “All In All Pink brings breast cancer awareness to Auburn” on social media.