LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Simple request from a Rhode Island seventh grader

Dear Editor and Citizens of Alabama,
I'm writing to you to say hello from the smallest state in the union, Rhode Island. I am a seventh grade student at Goff Junior High School in Pawtucket, RI. For my geography class we are working on a semester long project on a particular U.S. state. I chose your state because I love the Auburn Tigers.
Could you publish this letter so that your readers could help me on my project?
I've realized that first hand information from citizens of our chosen state is more helpful than anything I could get online. If your readers could send some information, pictures, or tourist information it would help me so much with my project. Your readers can send the information right to me at school. Thanks for the help.
Sincerely,
Medeski D.
Medeski D. is a seventh grader at Goff Junior High School with Mr. Gilmore's fourth-period class. Information can be sent to him at 974 Newport Ave. Pawtucket, RI 02861

__________________________________________________________________________________

To whom it may concern:
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for reading this letter and the letters of my students. The project they are working on can be a tremendous success with your help and the help of your readers.
Let me take a minute to tell you about our school and students. Pawtucket, Rhode Island is an urban school district founded in the birth place of the mill industry with the first, water powered mill. Slater Mill is not more than a five minute walk from our school. Like any urban school district, Pawtucket has its share of challenges. Roughly about 80 percent of our students qualify for the free or reduced lunch program. However, Goff Junior High School is classified as being a typical junior high school in the state of Rhode Island. This is a rating given by the state for schools that are making progress and moving in the right direction educationally. The students here at Goff take an active interest in school and responsibility for their studies.
By publishing their letter and hopefully your readers' response, they will be able to produce a written report, poster board and oral presentation.
Hopefully when you decide to publish the students letter I am requesting an edition in the mail or be notified when it will run so I could look at your online edition. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help in providing a worth while and rewarding project experience for my students.
Sincerely,
Brian Gilmore
Brian Gilmore is a seventh grade geography teacher at Goff Junior High School in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. He may be reached at gilmoreb@psdri.net.

Share and discuss “LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Simple request from a Rhode Island seventh grader” on social media.