NSA head, Senator speak at Forum of World Affairs

The hour-long forum was moderated by Retires Lt. Gen. Ronald L. Burgess and involved questions posed by people on Twitter and by audience members. (Kenny Moss | Photographer)

United States Senator Jeff Sessions and Admiral Michael S. Rogers spoke on Wednesday afternoon at the "Forum of World Affairs" at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center.
Rogers, an Auburn alumni, is currently head of the National Security Agency and Director of the U.S. Cyber Command.
"We have to talk to the American people about what we do and why we do it," Rogers said while speaking about the NSA. "The things I have heard about what we do over the last 15 months is flat out wrong."
The hour-long forum was moderated by Retires Lt. Gen. Ronald L. Burgess and involved questions posed by people on Twitter and by audience members.
Sessions, speaking about the Patriot Act, stated that he doesn't see it as a restriction of US citizens' rights.
"We want to protect your rights and your privacy," Sessions said.
Cyber security was a major topic, with Rogers stating that it will be an important issue for years to come.
"We live in a world that has different nations that have different views of the internet," Rogers said. "Some nations think the internet is a threat to order."
Rogers was also asked about the threat of Ebola, and whether it was a matter of national security.
"Yes, Ebola has become a national security issue," Rogers said.
When asked about the role the US is taking in trying to stop ISIS and whether or not the nation is overstepping our bounds, Rogers, unable to speak to political issues, said matter of factly, "No."

Share and discuss “NSA head, Senator speak at Forum of World Affairs” on social media.