Kylee Wofford: Auburn's next top model

Kylee performs the musical, Into the Woods, directed by Dan LaRocque with music directed by Joseph Bates. (Contributed by Kylee Wofford)

Kylee Wofford received her undergraduate degree in musical theatre from Auburn in 2011.
A few years later, she would be featured in a commercial as a Nike model running across television screens nationwide.
Kylee made the decision to launch her career as a model and actress by moving to Los Angeles.
"I had a lot of support from friends and family, so I didn't have anything holding me back and I knew it was what I wanted to do," Kylee said. "I didn't want to settle. I wanted to put all of my energy into what I really cared about."
Amelia Wofford, Kylee's mother, said she was surprised by her daughter's career choice.
"A few months before she graduated from Auburn, she told me she wanted to go to LA and put more of a focus on the film industry as opposed to musical theatre," Amelia said. "I was taken aback, but I felt compelled to support her. I told her, 'We're behind you.'"
Since her move, Kylee has been in commercials for brands such as Nike, LensCrafters and the Wildlife Conservation Society.
She was also in an NBC commercial for the Boston Marathon.
Most recently Kylee said she has been doing print ads for a new hair care line.
"I feel the more active I am the more I will achieve," Kylee said. "I still feel like I have a long way to go in my career. I feel like nothing is enough. I always want more."
According to Kylee's uncle, Tom Wofford, Auburn alumni and founder of Actors Theatre of Alabama, Kylee's talent was evident even as a child.
"She sang 'Over the Rainbow' in the part of Dorothy when she was young," Tom said. "It's a difficult song to sing but she was pitch perfect. She could hold a stage even then. It's been great to see her get high profile work in LA. I had friends calling to tell me they had seen the billboards, so it was pretty big news around our house."
Kylee said she felt her Auburn experience prepared her for the success she has earned.
"I owe so much to the theatre department at Auburn," Kylee said. "My professors Joseph Bates, Heather May, Dan LaRocque and Daydrie Hague all really believed in me. I had a great acting career at Auburn thanks to my professors who gave me so many opportunities."
Kylee said her ultimate goal is to be consistently working as a model or actor.
"It's very competitive to make this your full-time career," Kylee said.
Kylee said she continues to embody the Auburn spirit by living by the famous Auburn Creed.
"I am inspired by the part of the creed that says, 'I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn,'" Kylee said. "'Therefore, I believe in work -- hard work.' I love the whole creed, but that line is definitely what I live my life by. There's just something genuine about the love the Auburn Family has, and I'm so honored to be a part of this family."

Share and discuss “Kylee Wofford: Auburn's next top model” on social media.