Changes to Alpha Psi Rodeo announced

<p>Participants attempt to mount horses at the Alpha Psi Fall Rodeo Classic on Oct. 3, 2014</p>

Participants attempt to mount horses at the Alpha Psi Fall Rodeo Classic on Oct. 3, 2014

Alpha Psi announced its 2015 rodeo headliner Tuesday, Feb. 3, on its Facebook page, driving traffic for tickets.
With the announcement came several procedural changes.
According to Alpha Psi's website, the fraternity decided to move the rodeo from Sand Hill Road site in Auburn to Ingram Farm in Opelika after speaking with the University and Auburn Police Division. Alongside location are changes prohibiting attenders to ride in the back of trucks, free parking and "a much more structured, sanitary, and safe restroom operation."
The website said the "new additions for 2015 will provide our guests with destinations throughout the event that will create a more festive mood and slow down the consumption of alcohol."
According to Opelika-Auburn News, there were six arrests related to public intoxication, drug possession and traffic stops at least year's rodeo, and eight people were taken to East Alabama Medical Center because of injuries or alcohol-related issues.
"Any time you get that many people within a small area like that and you involve alcohol, you are going to have some issues," said city of Auburn Police Division Chief Paul Register in an OANews article.
Captain Chris Wallace of the Lee County Sheriff's Office said there will be a huge law enforcement presence this year.
"We want everyone to have a good time, but we're not going to tolerate any criminal acts, especially DUIs," Wallace said. "We're going to be on high alert, be fair and professional, and we want it to be safe."
Wallace said he would update The Plainsman with more specific procedures when the rodeo date approaches.
No plans regarding bus transportation to and from the event have been announced.
Several attempts to speak with Alpha Psi members on the matter were unsuccessful.

Share and discuss “Changes to Alpha Psi Rodeo announced” on social media.