SGA votes on new SGA positions

There was no old business so Brandon Honeywell, of the College of Science and Mathematics and junior in biomedical science presented the first order of business, which addressed the Chapter 201 code of laws amendment.

“This is asking for an amendment just reflecting the language of the position of the executive cabinet, which is the executive vice president of marketing and engagement, which is Ms. Ivy Sibley,” Honeywell said.

The motion was made and all ruled in favor. The ruling carried.

Honeywell then addressed the Chapter 202 code of laws amendment, which also reflected the language change needed for the new position.

This motion also carried.

James Beauchaine, senator at-large, asked for the approval of Sam Moore as executive secretary for the Auburn University student senate and for Katie Xu as the College of Veterinary Medicine’s council president. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Lucy Anne Link, senator at-large, asked for the approval of Matt Molock as the parliamentarian for the Auburn University student senate and for Mizna Kanafani as a senator for the College of Agriculture. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

Drew Van Deventer, senator from the College of Science and Mathematics asked for the approval of Cole Davis as the Auburn University student senate technical assistant. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Jacqueline Keck, a senator in the College of Liberal Arts asked for the approval of Hunter Gibson as a senator at-large. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Lucas Tribble, senator in the Ginn College of Engineering, asked for the approval of Stephanie Sorrell as a senator for the College of Education, Justin West as a senator for the College of Education and Colton Pollard as a senator for the Ginn College of Engineering. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

Drake Pooley, senator from the Harbert College of Business, asked for the approval of Sarah Cape as a senator of the College of Education. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Sarah Grace Mitchell from the Ginn College of Engineering asked for the approval of Emily Warmanas the senator for the College of Veterinary Medicine. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Phillip Searcery from the Ginn College of Engineering asked for the approval of John Walker as the senator for the College of Architecture, Design and Construction. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Hope Harrelson, senator form the School of Nursing, asked for the approval of Lacy Campbell as a senator for the College of Human Sciences. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

Benjamin Arnberg, a senator from the Graduate School asked for the approval of Caleb Killough as the senator for the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Trey Fields, senator from the College of Liberal Arts, asked for the approval of Luke Carlson as the president of the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences and for Cody Cumbie as the vice president of the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences School’s council. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

Daniel Hess, a senator at-large, asked for the approval of Bradley Lawson as the College of Veterinary Medicine School’s council vice president and for Jonathan Corona as the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction School’s council president. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

India Way, senator from the Harbert College of Business, asked for consent for Olivia Tofani as the SGA chief of staff and for Michael Waldrum as the executive vice president of programs. The motions were made, properly seconded and carried.

Peyton Hanson, senator from COSAM asked for consent for Jesse Westerhouse to serve as executive vice president of initiatives. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

Brock Herndon, senator from the College of Business asked for consent for Ivy Sibley as the executive vice president of marketing and engagement. The motion was made, properly seconded and carried.

India Way then addressed the first order of future business by speaking on the program expansion fund for the Center of Student Organizations Involvement Awards. It requests $2,000 for the awards.

“Last year, this came through, the budget and finance committee and was passed as a program expansion fund,” Way said. “It came through senate exec and was passed as a program expansion fund. It came to the senate floor and the subject line said ‘program expansion fund’ but unfortunately there is a typo in the body of the bill and it said ‘reserve fund request.’ Since it was passed with that wordage in the actually bill, that’s what it was documented as. That’s why they’re having to come back again and go through this process again.”

This change will make the funds permanent, rather than temporary as accidentally filed last year.

Honeywell said next week SGA will vote on the confirmation of the 2015-2016 Organizations Board and Senate Chairpersons.

In other senate news:

• Office hour sheet were passed around and members should have filled it out by the end of the meeting.
  • Members should email Justin Mathews, vice president, with their ideas on how to branch out to their constituents.
  • Members are encouraged to get input form their colleges by reaching out to the president and vice president of the schools council. After spring break, vice presidents and presidents will get together with members and share ideas.
  • Questions about the various terminology and allocations should be addressed to India Way.

Share and discuss “SGA votes on new SGA positions” on social media.