UPC and the Red Barn hosts first upcoming artist in series of March concerts

A series of concerts featuring upcoming artists kicked off Tuesday, March 3, featuring openers AUCapella and MelAUdic and main act Humming House.

The series, put on by The University Program Council is being held at the Red Barn on Donahue Drive, and will continue throughout the month of March.

Catherine Scibetta, director of fine arts for UPC and sophomore in art history, said they are looking to bring more of a different music culture to campus.

“We want to open up to smaller indie bands that don’t get enough exposure,” Scibetta said. “We wanted to create a casual atmosphere where students can come out on a Tuesday night.”

The student feedback has been positive, according to Scibetta.

“It’s been really great,” Scibetta said. “Everybody is super excited and the response has been fabulous.”

Chris Schiller, senior in music, and musical director for MelAUdic, said he is thankful UPC is providing students with free concerts such as the Red Barn Series.

“UPC contacted our president, Sara Shearer, about opening for Humming house,” Schiller said. “We were happy to come out and do it for them, we will definitely be back.”

Natalie Palmquist, junior in civil engineering, said she really enjoyed the atmosphere and location of the concert.

“I didn’t even know this place existed, and now it’s one of my favorite places on campus,” Palmquist said. 

Share and discuss “UPC and the Red Barn hosts first upcoming artist in series of March concerts” on social media.