​#CrushFinals event on concourse aims to motivate students

Several of Auburn University’s deans and coaches gathered east of the Student Center on April 27 to offer encouragement to the students as finals are approaching. The event was called #CrushFinals.

Jay Gogue, president of Auburn University, said these faculty members were there to show their appreciation for the student body.

“What we’re trying to do is just say thank you for being at Auburn, and we hope we do well on your finals,” Gogue said.

Gogue also had some study tips for students who are in the process of studying for exams.

“Don’t stay up so late at night,” Gogue said. “Get up in the morning and study, that’s the way old guys like I always study. It’s very quiet.”

Sunny Golloway, baseball coach, said preparing for finals was similar to preparing for a big baseball game.

“Be prepared,” Golloway said. “I think taking finals after a long semester is much like us playing in a long weekend series after practicing so hard, and what we try to do is tell our guys to be prepared for what’s ahead and then give it everything they have.”

Bruce Pearl, basketball coach, said he views final as very important for his team.

“Don’t put off tomorrow what you’ve got to get done today,” Pearl said. “My guys this week don’t practice, I don’t let them train. They’ve got to focus on academics and they’ve got to finish strong.”

Pearl also offered advice to the student body regarding finals week.

“If you want to be successful, you’ve got to be prepared, " Pearl said.

Share and discuss “​#CrushFinals event on concourse aims to motivate students” on social media.