​SGA discusses budget request

New Appointments & the Presidents' Cabinet

The second SGA senate of the 2015 fall semester took place in the Student Center at 7:30 p.m. on August 31.

Although the senate will not be meeting next Monday because of Labor Day weekend, the senate will resume Monday, September 14 at 7:30 p.m.

Justin Mathews, SGA vice president, assures the senate and attendees that following this short break, they will be organized and ready to work.

“I guarantee we will be back to our normal selves in two weeks,” Mathews said.

Having just returned from their SGA retreat this past weekend, none of the executives had anything new to report. They immediately moved on to executive committee reports.

India Way, SGA budget and finance committee chair, announced that their budget was submitted and the hearing will take place on September 16.

“On Friday we put our budget request in, so that was really exciting,” Way.

Drake Pooley, SGA diversity and multicultural affairs committee chair, made sure to remind the senate of the importance of continuing dialogue among SGA members following their retreat so that communication continues to go over smoothly.

Prior to the senate Olivia Tofani, SGA Chief of Staff, spoke about some of her goals for this coming year in SGA.

“My major priority this year is to ensure that SGA is approachable and accessible to Auburn students…I want to make sure that our efforts in SGA also go to unify Auburn and build community among students.” said Tofani.

Tofani also mentioned a new addition to SGA this year that the executives are working to make a reality.

“We are currently working on beginning a Presidents’ Cabinet which will be comprised of the presidents from each of our Student Activity Portfolios in order to see how we can promote a collaborative environment among student leaders and provide an open forum to talk collectively about campus issues and student engagement at Auburn.” said Tofani.

This cabinet will be used as an avenue to help campus leaders communicate effectively.

“I’m looking forward to seeing how this collaboration will benefit students across campus.” said Tofani.

Other News in SGA:

•  Senator Brock Hendon informed the senate that the “New” Schmidt Elementary School accepted their invitation to the first home football game, following a personal invite from Bo Jackson and Aubie.
  • Brandon Honeywell, SGA executive committee chair, calls for Senate Student Affairs Committee chair appointment and Samuel Ginn College of Engineering Senate appointment.

Share and discuss “​SGA discusses budget request” on social media.