Facilities Management completes summer construction goals

Auburn’s Facilities Management team recently completed its construction projects for the summer.

Among these newly-completed projects are facility management’s larger-scale projects like the Jordan-Hare Stadium video board, such as Samford Park walkway and the Exploratory Advising Center in Mary Martin Hall, according to Martha Koontz, director of marketing and communications for Facilities Management.

There were several ongoing construction projects during the summer months, and Koontz said the short time frame was the biggest challenge they faced.

“In the summer, we only have two months to complete these projects, so sometimes that presents a challenge, but working with our contractors and their constituents and clients on campus, we were able to make this happen,” Koontz said.

Facilities Management’s priority was to provide students and the Auburn community with the new facilities in a timely manner.

“We were able to finish all of these projects on schedule this summer so that we have everything ready for students to return to campus in the fall and also for the fall athletic season to begin,” Koontz said. “That’s one thing we were very proud of.”

Despite the shorter time frame, Koontz said no single project had priority over the others.

“All of our summer critical projects are very important to us, and it’s very important that we finish all of them,” Koontz said. “So we did not have one that I would say is more important than another … They’re all important even though they might vary in size.”

Facilities Management is also in the middle of construction for projects to be completed later this month.

Some of these projects include the Scott-Yarbrough House at Pebble Hill renovation, new windows and brick for Dudley Hall and Commons, Cater Hall repairs, Samford Hall roof replacement and Facilities Building 8 construction, according to Koontz.

Koontz said she looks forward to all the projects.

“I wouldn’t say there’s one project were looking forward to most,” Koontz said. “We have a lot of exciting projects coming up.”

Implementing facility changes that benefit students is Koontz’s favorite part of the campus improvements.

“Any time we’re able to work with a client and change campus so that it’s available to our students so they have what they need, that’s what’s exciting for us, and that’s what we want to make sure we focus on,” Koontz said. 

Share and discuss “Facilities Management completes summer construction goals” on social media.