The perfect spring break playlist

Spring break has finally arrived. And students get a break from class to relax and have fun.

Spring break is all about unwinding and having a good time — two things that cannot be done without only the best music. 

I put together a spring break playlist to help get your blood pumping and adrenaline rushing this break, but I also threw in some songs to calm you down and help you relax.

"Work" by Rihanna

I'll be the first to admit I've had this song stuck in my head for days. Even though I'm pretty sure she is speaking gibberish, the rhythm of this song is sure to put you in a good mood.

"The Sound" by The 1975

I'm a huge 1975 fan. I've been following them since the beginning, and I can tell you this is one of my favorite songs by them. The piano and the beat will make you want to dance around every time you listen to it.

"How I Want Ya" by Hudson Thames

The electronic sound and upbeat vocals make this a great travel song. This is one of my favorites to roll the windows down and sing along.

"Work This Body" by Walk The Moon

Walk the Moon does not get enough credit, in my opinion. The band is really only famous for one song, and I do not think it's even their best. This song, however, will make you want to jump up and move around.

"Count On Me" by Mat Kearney

This is one of the most upbeat songs I've ever heard. It's guaranteed to put you in a good mood instantaneously with its rhythm. 

"Don't Let Me Down" by The Chainsmokers

I'm not a huge fan of EDM, but this song definitely gets me up out of my seat. This song is ideal for getting your body moving, whether you're dancing or running on the beach.

"Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys

This is such a classic. Whether you're laying out, driving around or just hanging out with friends, this is definitely a go-to song to make sure everyone is chilling and having a good time.

"Hurts Like Heaven" by Coldplay

My sister and I have listened to this song every spring for four years now. Something about the fast-pace rhythm and use of electronic sounds makes it an adrenaline-pumper.

"All The Time" by Bahamas

This slow-paced song is perfect for relaxing. It's great to turn on your headphones and lie by the pool or the ocean.

"Kangaroo Court" by Capital Cities

Just listen to the first 10 seconds of this song, and you'll fall in love with its electric beat, complete with a smooth trumpet. This song, much like almost all of these, is great for singing and having a great time with your friends.

"Kanye" by the Chainsmokers 

Much like "All The Time," this is another great song for popping in your headphones while lying out by the pool. The song starts off slower and then picks up towards the chorus, making it relaxing and  a pick-me-up all in one.

"Doses & Mimosas" by Cherub

I'm pretty sure I'm behind the curve by just now loving this song, but oh well. This is another great song for dancing around and getting out some energy. This song is also both calming, energizing and perfect for being out in the sun. 

"Girls" by the 1975

This song is a staple for the band. It was one of their first hits and is definitely a song worth listening to. It's great to dance around and sing with your friends.

I hope you get a chance to listen to some of these songs while you're out relaxing and having a good time this spring break.

Share and discuss “The perfect spring break playlist” on social media.