​Chick-N-Grill to leave campus

SGA has spoken about several dining changes in the last couple of weeks with talk of Einstein Bagel’s to be put in the Haley Center and Panera Bread to be brought to the new Mell Street Classroom. However, they are now discussing more changes to be made to dining in the Student Center.

Trey Fields, executive vice president of initiatives, said dining in the Student Center will be rearranged.

“Chick-N-Grill is not going to be here anymore … and then Go Greek is going to change a bit,” Fields said. “And then this Latin American-Caribbean restaurant will go in where Go Greek is.”

Sarah Grace Mitchell, college of engineering senator, shared notable comments from the dining survey. SGA received over 3,000 responses, Mitchell said.

“There was a lot of concern that Panera and ABP could be considered redundant on campus, but we feel that this won't be a problem because by the time Panera would open, ABP’s contract would be up,” Mitchell said. “So we would have the option to replace that with a different dining option.”

Mitchell also said SGA is working with Tiger Dining to create appropriate hours for new dining venues.

“Another notable response we got was that a lot of students were concerned about the hours and wanted it to be opened late like the coffee shop in the library,” Mitchell said.

In other SGA news:

•  Jesse Westerhouse, SGA president, encouraged senators to attend AU Together to help promote diversity and inclusion on Auburn’s campus.

“Wednesday at 11 o’clock in this room, most of the provost in conjunction with the office of the president and some other departments are hosting AU Together,” Westerhouse said. “They’re going to be unveiling the diversity climate study.”

Share and discuss “​Chick-N-Grill to leave campus” on social media.