Three Auburn swimmers named 2016 preseason All-Americans

Three members of the Auburn University men’s swimming and diving team have been labelled 2016 preseason All-Americans, CollegeSwimming.com released on Monday. Senior Michael Duderstadt and juniors Peter Holoda and Hugo Morris were the trio of Tigers to receive the honor.

Duderstadt, the defending SEC breast stroke champion, tallied the third fastest 200 breast stroke time at last year’s SEC meet the third fastest in Auburn history. Duderstadt finished 10th in the 100 breast stroke at the NCAA meet with a time of 52.27. The senior also competed in both the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Trials Qualifiers in Omaha, Nebraska. Duderstadt was a member of the 2015 All-SEC first team.

Holoda, a member of the 2015 All-SEC freshman team, received his second All-American credits and his first of the preseason category. The junior produced All-American admirations in the 400 freestyle relay during his freshman campaign, along with two top three finishes at the 2015 SEC Championships. Holoda finished 13th at the NCAA meet in the 50 freestyle.

Lastly, Morris, the junior from Canberra, Australia, currently holds the Auburn records for both the 200 freestyle and 800 freestyle relay. He was a 2015 All-SEC second teamer, in addition to being an All-SEC freshman in 2014. Morris will begin this season defending his SEC crown in the 200 butterfly, and grabbed eighth and 13th place at the NCAA Championships in the 200 butterfly and 200 freestyle respectively.

Head coach Brett Hawke and the Tigers will begin their 2016 season with the Orange vs. Blue intrasquad meet on Friday, Sept. 23. 

Share and discuss “Three Auburn swimmers named 2016 preseason All-Americans” on social media.