Cameron "Scooter" Magruder's video "Things Auburn fans say," becomes viral across campus

Many Auburn students have seen the viral videos that Cameron “Scooter” Magruder has created.

His most recent video, “Things auburn fans say,” has clicked with many people in the Auburn community. Magruder started these videos to connect to online sports-comedy, and has recently taken interest in SEC schools.

Magruder first realized he wanted to start making “stuff they say videos,” as he calls them, when the meme culture sky-rocked in pop-culture.

“I realized there wasn’t a lot of sports comedy online, so I just continued producing the videos after the memes died down,” Magruder said.

Focusing on South Eastern Conference schools was important to Magruder, being a University of Florida alumnus. However, his range of interest in making these videos goes beyond football in the SEC.

“I make videos about anything and everything, ranging from “What the friend zone sounds like” to 'Top 100 Things not to say to a cop'," Magruder said. "A lot of videos are made from personal experiences I’ve gone through or witnessed firsthand."

While Magruder’s main objective is to reach sports fans and provide comedy, he also hopes to provide a faith-based content to his fans.

“I’m also a Christian, which is why none of my videos contain cursing,” Magruder said. “I think it’s important for people to have Christian content creators in the social media space, if only to show that you don’t have to conform to society’s standards to be successful.”

Magruder has become evident in the social media world. His “What Auburn fans say” was viewed 375,000 times on Facebook alone and the number continues to grow. His work has gotten him to some bigger TV networks as well.

“I was able to go on the Today Show for my videos,” Magruder said. “I even auditioned to be an on-camera host for them.”

His videos have given him a name on sites such as Facebook and Twitter, but Magruder has other aspirations.

“I have an agent for acting, but I’m just riding the wave that is social media for now and seeing where that takes me,” Magruder said.

“Scooter” Magruder intends for his videos to not only provide comic relief during football season, but cover aspects of our generation’s lives. His approach to being a “Christian content creator” is not something you see everyday in the social media world, and it is a fresh approach to online videos. 

Share and discuss “Cameron "Scooter" Magruder's video "Things Auburn fans say," becomes viral across campus ” on social media.