Former Baylor QB Jarrett Stidham commits to Auburn

There will be a new face in the quarterback race for Auburn next season.

Former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham announced on Saturday he would be committing to Auburn, choosing the Tigers over Texas A&M and Florida. He is rated as a composite four-star prospect and is the No. 1 junior-college prospect in the country, according to 247sports.

Stidham played his freshman year for the Bears, and threw for 1,265 yards, 12 touchdowns and two interceptions in 10 games — three of which were starts. He elected to leave Baylor when former coach Art Briles was dismissed, and spent this fall at McLennan Community College in Waco, Texas.

Auburn recruited him out of high school, and the Tigers were pursuing him hard immediately after he announced his decision to transfer. His relationship with offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee reportedly played a big part in securing his commitment. 

The Tigers have another former Baylor player on their roster as well. Running back Kam Martin signed with the Bears, but was released from his letter of intent following the Briles fallout. He signed with Auburn and saw a good amount of playing time as a true freshman this fall.

Stidham, who will be a redshirt sophomore, and will have three years of eligibility remaining at Auburn and is eligible to play immediately, and he’ll try to wrestle the starting quarterback spot from Sean White, who will be a redshirt junior next season.

Share and discuss “Former Baylor QB Jarrett Stidham commits to Auburn” on social media.