Tigers down Yellow Jackets, earn eighth straight win

On Tuesday night in Atlanta, Auburn came out strong and never looked back as they defeated Georgia Tech 7-4. With the win, Auburn improved to 18-5 on the year, picking up their eighth win in a row.

Auburn would tie its season high for doubles with six.

Jonah Todd had a RBI in the third inning to get the Tigers on the scoreboard. In the fourth inning, Auburn plated two more courtesy of an error and a Connor Davis RBI. Todd and Davis each had two hits on the day, while Jay Estes contributed two RBI’s.

Auburn would score two runs in the fifth followed by two more runs in the sixth. Will Holland and Bowen McGuffin also had RBI’s for the Tigers.

Georgia Tech (12-7) would hit three home runs in the game. Ben Schneiderjans was on the mound for the Yellow Jackets, and took the loss with two earned runs in four innings. He dropped to 0-1 on the season.

For Auburn, Christian Camacho started and would allow one run in 4.1 innings pitched. Calvin Coker took the mound in relief for Auburn, and would receive the win. He recorded the final two outs in the fifth inning and improved to 1-1 on the season. Cole Lipscomb recorded his fourth save of the year with a perfect ninth inning.

Auburn travels to Georgia this weekend in their second SEC series of the season. The three-game series starts on Friday, and first pitch is set for 6 p.m. CST. 

Share and discuss “Tigers down Yellow Jackets, earn eighth straight win” on social media.