Carlson, Cooper push Auburn past Ole Miss

Auburn picked up the series win on Sunday versus No. 21 Ole Miss, 3-1. This was their second consecutive series win, one week after sweeping Georgia.

Kaylee Carlson picked up her 20th win of the season in great fashion, striking out six and pitching a complete game.

After allowing 2 hits and 1 run to start the game off, Carlson and the Tigers settled in defensively, retiring 14 consecutive Rebels through the middle stretch of the game. Carlson ended the day with 7 IP, 4 H, 6 K, 0 BB and 0 ER. The only run the Rebels managed to put on the board came after a throwing error early in the 1st inning.

“My defense is doing a great job,” said Carlson, who lowered her ERA to 1.13. “I’m just going out and trying to get the wins for them.”

Kasey Cooper came up big for the Tigers offensively with 2 RBIs. Her first came in the first inning, when she crushed a triple that allowed Carlee Wallace to score all the way from 1st. Wallace also scored later in the game, courtesy of another hit by Cooper. These were Cooper’s 31st and 32nd RBIs on the season.

Ole Miss pitcher Kaitlin Lee dropped to 9-6 on the season with the loss. She finished the day with 6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, and 0 Ks.

Auburn moves to 33-6 on the season and 8-4 in conference play. The Tigers take on Georgia State on Wednesday April 12th at 6 p.m. CST. before hosting the Missouri Tigers for a weekend series.

Share and discuss “Carlson, Cooper push Auburn past Ole Miss ” on social media.