LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Plainsman should boost students, not tear them down

I have just recently read the article about the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter here at Auburn. 

I am writing to express my opinion on this article as I feel that it was disrespectful and did not uphold the "Auburn Family" mentality. I believe this article is not only disrespectful to our Greek community as a whole but unbelievably disrespectful to the SAE chapter here at Auburn. 

The way this article is worded describes the brothers of SAE in a negative way and associates them with matters that did not even occur here at Auburn. 

The chapter of SAE here at Auburn are different individuals, and I feel that this article is entirely false. 

This article should not be the cover of The Plainsman since most of the information it describes isn't even relevant to the Auburn campus. 

I was very disappointed to read this article because I feel that The Auburn Plainsman turned their backs on what it means to be part of the "Auburn Family" because this article painted these men to be something they're not. 

I believe The Auburn Plainsman newspaper should be used to boost Auburn University students, not tear them down.

Courtney Penrose is a sophomore majoring in pre-communication disorders.

Share and discuss “LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Plainsman should boost students, not tear them down” on social media.