Daniel, Tigers look to bounce back in elimination round

Auburn pitchers have shined, and struggled throughout the Tigers first two contests in the 2017 SEC Baseball Tournament.

A joint pitching performance of Keegan Thompson and Casey Mize was good enough for a win on Tuesday over Ole Miss. Calvin Cokers impressive night of relief pitching was not enough for a Wednesday Tiger victory over top seeded Florida.

Now, Freshman pitcher Davis Daniel looks to find some consistency on the hill for the Tigers.

Daniel will start game three versus the loser of Mississippi State and Arkansas, two teams that Auburn has had great success against this year.

The right-hander was brilliant in his last start, which was on Saturday versus Ole Miss. Davis threw 6.1 innings on his way to a career high eight strikeouts. He allowed one run on four hits and threw a career-high 106 pitches. It was his first time to allow less than three runs since April 15 at Tennessee.

“Just coming out and really trusting my fastball was the main thing,” Daniel said after this past weekends victory. “Coming through the year, you learn a lot and you learn to go to your best stuff when you need it. Today my best stuff was my fastball. I think it was my best fastball of the year.”

Auburn’s elimination game is set to begin at 4:30 p.m. CST, versus the loser of the Bulldog and Razorback matchup, which starts at 9:30 a.m. CST on Thursday morning. All SEC Tournament action can be seen on the SEC Network. 

Share and discuss “Daniel, Tigers look to bounce back in elimination round” on social media.