Kasey Cooper named Academic All-American for third straight season

Tigers senior third baseman Kasey Cooper has been dubbed an Academic All-American for the third year in a row, announced by the College Sports Information Directors of America on Thursday morning. She is Clint Myers’ fourth Tiger to be awarded the academic honors in his time on the Plains.

Cooper touts a 3.97 GPA in Mechanical Engineering as a member of the 2017 D1 Softball first team. The Dothan, Ala. native is the first player in Auburn program history to receive the honor in a trio of seasons.

Earlier in May, Cooper was named the SEC’s Scholar Athlete of the Year and is now the first player in conference history to earn the award in back-to-back seasons.

The three time All-American was also named to the National Fastpitch Coaches’ Association’s All-Southeast Region team, cementing her as the only player in program history to be named an All-Region member in each of her four seasons. Cooper was also named to an All-SEC team for the fourth season in a row and an SEC All-Defensive team for the third season in a row.

Cooper and the Super Regional host Auburn Tigers will face off against Oklahoma this weekend at Jane B. Moore Field in a 2016 National Championship rematch. The first pitch of game one is set for 3 p.m. CST. 

Share and discuss “Kasey Cooper named Academic All-American for third straight season” on social media.