New boutique offers styles for every woman

<p>Beth Register owner of EB Downtown in an outfit from her boutique on Thursday, July 13, 2017 in Auburn, Ala.&nbsp;</p>

Beth Register owner of EB Downtown in an outfit from her boutique on Thursday, July 13, 2017 in Auburn, Ala. 

For Beth Register, opening her own boutique was a dream that has now come true. 

Elisabet Boutique, taking the place of The Pink Room, focuses on southern classic and sophisticated everyday wear. Register officially purchased the space from the owners of The Pink Room in May and reopened on July 7 with a new name and a new selection of styles.

Register is a 2007 graduate of Auburn University with a degree in early childhood education and a former cheerleader. Once she began college, she knew she never wanted to leave Auburn. 

"I have always wanted a boutique in Auburn," Register said. "After my husband played major league baseball for seven years the goal was always to get back here and do it."

Between marrying her college sweetheart, having three children and owning another business, Register's dream of owning a boutique was put on the back burner until her neighbor, the owner of The Pink Room, mentioned selling the space and she couldn't let the opportunity go.

Register wanted the name of the store to have real meaning. When brainstorming ideas, she reached out to family and friends, and her cousin sent the name Elisabet to her. 

A different version of Register's name, Elisabet, held so many meaning that represented who she was she said. A determined leader, loyal, friendly, blonde, enthusiastic and devoted to God. 

"I felt so connected to the name," Register said. "Although it is officially called Elisabet Boutique, most people will also know it by its nickname, EB Downtown." 

Register said her primary goal for the boutique is offering styles that fall under a happy medium of catering to everyone. 

"I don't want anyone ever to feel as if they can't come in here and find something they love," Register said. "This is a place every woman can walk into regardless of size or age whether they are looking for clothes, jewelry or accessories."

Continue reading below...

Garments on display at EB Downtown on Thursday, July 13, 2017 in Auburn, Ala.

"Being in a college town, I appreciate the college women and know they breathe life into the stores, and we can never lose that, but I wanted to make it where women in their '30s and '40s could still walk in here and find things they love," Register said. 

Elisabet Boutique will offer a selection of plus size styles and pieces that can easily transition into more conservative wear. 

"I don't want anyone to look at EB and think 'Oh, that's a college girl's store' or 'That's a mom store,' it's really for anyone, any type of woman." Register said. 

To connect with shoppers, Register created a Facebook group, similar to a VIP page she said. 

"I created giveaways for people where $150 gift cards were given when adding people to the group," Register said. "Along with that, we have a ton of revenue through online sales on Facebook. It's easy for shoppers to see what they like online, comment their size and it can be shipped to them the next day."

"So many people have come in saying they are from the VIP page," Register said. "The support and reaction from the Auburn community have been overwhelming."

Starting in August, Elisabet Boutique will have a VIP pick up service where shoppers can text the store and have their items walked out to them. 

"We're really one of the only buildings to have our own parking," Register said. "It'll be really convenient for people who don't want to fight downtown parking just to pick up a top. Especially for mom's who don't want to find parking, drag the kids in or pay to have it shipped."

Not only are the clothes great quality but they are also affordable Register said. Most clothing items range between $26 to $42 except for a few pieces. 

Share and discuss “New boutique offers styles for every woman ” on social media.