COLUMN: Bar crawling for the most popular drinks downtown

Sky Bar Cafe

Holding the first spot on AL.com's "25 bars who bought the most liquor in 2017," Sky Bar Cafe is famous for their live bands, karaoke, drink specials and their infamous Boom-Boom Room. 

Here, the specials Tuesday-Friday keep the bar pretty packed but favorites include Tuesday's $1 wells and Friday's $3.25 daiquiris. 

Quioxtes 

One of Auburn's most well-known bars, Quixotes, features great drink specials and arguably some of the best bar food in town. 

"Most people order wells because they're the cheapest or any domestic beer," said bartender Anna Barksdale. "Bushwhackers are also really popular right now."

Barksdale said bar goers mainly order a mixed drink they love or specials if they come early enough. Lately, however, customer's have been ordering a shot deemed the Mazzaro. 

"One of our bartenders made it up," Barksdale said." It's pineapple, rum, triple sec and great pucker. That's really been the shot everybody orders." 

The Avondale Bar and Tap Room

Patrons looking for a more sophisticated atmosphere compared to the average college bar should visit Avondale's for quality cocktails and two ounce pours. This place oozes coolness with a kind of speakeasy feel. 

They have their own special cocktail menu featuring a variety of flavors. Try their Figtoria, which is a variation of their most popular drink. Made with Cathead Honeysuckle, lemon, 5-Spice Honey syrup and of course, figs. 

Another favorite is a summery cocktail called Momma Always Cookin' is a mix of vodka, honey, lime juice and muddled blackberries. 

Here, bar goers are sure to find their favorite drinks while also branching out and discovering new gems. 

1716

This is both a casual sports bar and an exciting place to go out with friends, especially when Common Creation is DJing. 1716 is known for their 32 oz wells and $1 drafts during certain specials. 

A summer favorite has been their $4 watermelon slushies, and Vegas Bombs are always a popular order. 

The most famous shot served is their apple sauce shot which a lot of customers request. 

Notable mentions

Taco Mama and Tacorita have a great selection of cocktails and margaritas. Tacorita's Coco Pineapple Rita and their Mexican Mule are just a few customer favorites. Also, Taco Mama's Pomegranate and The Real Deal margarita shouldn't be overlooked.   

Share and discuss “COLUMN: Bar crawling for the most popular drinks downtown ” on social media.