Darrell Williams, Nick Coe pick up SEC Player of the Week honors

Senior linebacker Darrell Williams was named the SEC’s co-defensive Player of the Week and sophomore Nick Coe was named the co-defensive lineman Player of the Week

<p>Smoke Monday (21) and Darrell Williams (49) celebrate during Auburn Football vs. Washington on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018 in Atlanta, Ga.</p>

Smoke Monday (21) and Darrell Williams (49) celebrate during Auburn Football vs. Washington on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018 in Atlanta, Ga.

Auburn’s defense was dominant against Washington, allowing only 17 points and forcing two turnovers to help the Tigers escape with a 21-16 victory.

Two Auburn players were awarded SEC Player of the Week for their performances. Senior linebacker Darrell Williams was named the SEC’s co-defensive Player of the Week and sophomore Nick Coe was named the co-defensive lineman Player of the Week.

Williams led the Tigers with eight tackles, with one tackle for a loss and a fumble recovery. The Hoover native was flying around all game, most notably diving full extension to deflect a pass intended for an open Washington receiver in the end zone to save a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Coe led Auburn with 36 production points, according to Auburn Athletics’ stats, with four pressures and one quarterback knockdown. The sophomore was in the backfield all afternoon, especially in the red zone, drilling Washington’s Jake Browning on an attempted option play to force a fumble and prevent the Huskies from taking a late lead.

Williams shares the co-linebacker of the week honor with LSU linebacker Jacob Phillips and Coe shares the co-defensive lineman award with Alabama’s Quinnen Williams

Share and discuss “Darrell Williams, Nick Coe pick up SEC Player of the Week honors” on social media.