Auburn softball has entire senior class selected in the National Pro Fastpitch Draft

Casey McCrackin (11) waits for the pitch during Auburn Softball vs. South Carolina, on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Auburn, Ala.

Auburn softball made program history on Monday night as each member of its senior class was selected during the 2019 National Pro Fastpitch Draft. 

Kendall Veach started the evening off when the Beijing Eagles took her as the seventh-overall pick in the second round. Veach is now the highest overall NPF draftee in program history. 

By the end of the night, the Eagles drafted three more Tigers. Casey McCrackin was picked up in the third round, Morgan Podany in the fourth round and Bree Fornis in the fifth round.

The Cleveland Comets selected Makayla Martin as the 23rd-overall pick in the fifth round. 

Before the five were selected, Auburn only had six total players selected in the NPF draft in school history. Morgan Estell was the the latest and highest draftee when she was taken with the 12th-overall pick by the Akron Racers in 2015. 

Veach has a career-high 18 home runs through 43 games this season. The 18 home runs are three short of tying Auburn's single-season record of 21 set by Kasey Cooper in 2016. In addition, her 37 career home runs are seventh most by an Auburn player in their career. 

McCrackin is currently tied with Taylon Snow for the team lead in batting average at .370. Her 14 doubles this season also lead the team and are five more than the next closest player. Her 13 stolen bases are second best on the team behind Alyssa Rivera with 14. 

The 13 stolen bases are tied for 10th most in a single season at Auburn. 

Podany, who has a fielding average of .980 through 43 games, hit a game-ending RBI single in a win over No. 16 South Carolina. In her 298 career at-bats, Podany has never grounded into a double play.

Fornis' total bases reached has doubled this season in only 67 at-bats, and her 167 career games played are fourth-most among active Auburn players. Fornis, like Podany, has never grounded into a double play during her four-year playing career. 

Martin was named to the Preseason All-SEC and is Auburn's career ERA leader with a 1.60 ERA, 0.01 lower than former pitcher Kaylee Carlson.

Martin's 61 career wins ranks as third all-time in school history, and her 350 career strikeouts are seventh most. She has thrown 16 shutouts, the fourth-most in program history, in 32 career starts in the circle.

Share and discuss “Auburn softball has entire senior class selected in the National Pro Fastpitch Draft” on social media.