Affidavit shows alleged kidnapper says Blanchard fought against him

<p>Aniah Blanchard, 19, was reported missing on Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019.</p>

Aniah Blanchard, 19, was reported missing on Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019.

Aniah Blanchard fought against Ibraheem Yazeed the night she was allegedly kidnapped, according to a recently filed arrest affidavit.

The affidavit states that a subject informed police Yazeed was seen at a residence in Montgomery wearing only shorts with a gun tucked into them. The subject said Yazeed was in possession of Blanchard's vehicle but did not see Blanchard at the time, according to the affidavit. 

During a subsequent conversation between Yazeed and the subject mentioned in the affidavit, the subject said Yazeed admitted to shooting a girl and said she "went for the gun," according to the affidavit. 

Remains found in Macon County, Alabama, on Nov. 25, were positively identified by the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences as Blanchard's. The department determined the manner of death was homicide. 

It was announced on Monday, Dec. 2, that Yazeed would be facing capital murder charges as a result of the medical examiner’s determinations. Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes said he will be seeking the death penalty against Yazeed.

“It is my intention that the response to this horrific crime serves as a warning,” Hughes said. “To anyone who believes they want to come to Lee County and engage in violent criminal behavior, you will certainly be dealt with, and the consequences will be severe.”

Yazeed was first arrested in Pensacola, Florida, early in the morning on Nov. 8, and is being held in Lee County Jail without bond.

Share and discuss “Affidavit shows alleged kidnapper says Blanchard fought against him” on social media.