Meet Jacari Holt: candiate for SGA president

Jacari Holt, junior in political science, is running for SGA president.

Jacari Holt, junior in political science, is running for SGA President because he wants to serve all Auburn students and make an impact in each individual’s life, regardless of who they are or where they come from.

“I have a servant heart and I believe that through all of my life experiences that I can add value to them,” Holt said.

Holt has served two years on the Interfraternity Council Cabinet, spending one year as director of health and wellness and this past year as director of outreach. He also currently serves as an at-large senator in SGA Senate.

Holt said he believes food insecurity is one of the chief problems facing Auburn students as a whole right now.

“30% of Auburn [University students are] food insecure,” he said.

To combat this problem, Holt hopes as SGA president to host a 5K and half-marathon race that would raise money for a student recovery fund, where students can apply to for extra dining dollars or other financial resources.

Holt’s platform also focuses on including international students in SGA, a group that he said he feels has been largely left out.

Holt said that after meeting with international students, he learned that they would benefit the most from would be sending shopping shuttles to Tiger Town more than once a week.

“The vast majority of [international students] don’t have cars,” he said. “They all have to Uber to Walmart, Uber to Publix, and that adds up.”

Trice Brown | Campus Editor

Trice Brown, sophomore in english language arts education, is the campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

@trice_tm

campus@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Meet Jacari Holt: candiate for SGA president” on social media.