The Auburn Plainsman Chooses Waffle House for Best Affordable Dining

<p>Waffle House was chosen as the best affordable restaurant of 2021.&nbsp;</p>

Waffle House was chosen as the best affordable restaurant of 2021. 

The Auburn Plainsman, in its annual Plainsman's Choice awards, has crowned Waffle House to be the top contender in 'Best Affordable Restaurant'. 

The waffle-slinging diner was nominated alongside Moe's Southwest, Cookout and Jimmy John's in a heated battle to win the hearts and minds of broke college students — a battle which it won with with flying colors. 

The franchise of 24/7 diners was founded in 1960, and has maintained an image of serving good, clean and affordable food since its inception in Avondale, Georgia. 

With the vast majority of its surprisingly-filling breakfast options falling somewhere under $7.00 (and the titular waffles at two for $4.05) it is no shock that the franchise found itself topping this category of the Plainsman's Choice.

Other dishes served include Cheese 'N Eggs, Texas Bacon, Sausage, the iconic Hashbrowns, Omelets, sandwiches and even hamburgers for those looking for a non-breakfast food option. 

The Waffle House closest to Auburn University is located on 110 W Glenn Ave, and has more than met the requirements for 'Waffle Home' consideration.

If you are looking to maximize bang for your buck, then Waffle House, with its homey atmosphere, excellent and friendly staff and good food, is undoubtedly the place for you, no matter what time of the day it may be. 

Share and discuss “The Auburn Plainsman Chooses Waffle House for Best Affordable Dining” on social media.