Richards awarded Scorer of the Week by Top Drawer Soccer

Auburn soccer is now on a six-week streak of having at least one awarded Top Drawer Soccer honors. Sydney Richards was named Scorer of the Week by Top Drawer, as she knocked in a penalty kick to extend Auburn's lead in the team's win over Texas A&M on Sunday. 

Forward Carly Thatcher advanced on the Aggie defensive back line and drew a foul inside the goalies' box, setting up the opportunity for Richards to come in for the score, extended the Tigers' lead to 2-0 in the SEC battle. 

“I've taken a PK in a game before and so I kinda just usually stick with my side and have confidence in my side and luckily she went the other way, so it worked out,” Richards said after the game. “I just try to take a deep breath and stay calm.

Auburn has had a continuous Team of the Week honor dating back to Aug. 24, when Anna Haddock claimed her and the Tiger's first distinction of the season. Since then, Auburn has had five different players earn the honor in the team's 8-2 season.

Larry Robinson | Photo Editor

Larry is a senior studying journalism with a minor in sociology. He is from Enterprise, Alabama and is in his third year with The Auburn Plainsman. 

Twitter: @ReportingLarry

Share and discuss “Richards awarded Scorer of the Week by Top Drawer Soccer” on social media.