The rooftop at The Laurel celebrates successful opening weekend

<p>The rooftop at The Laurel offers panoramic views of Samford.</p>

The rooftop at The Laurel offers panoramic views of Samford.

A fresh breeze, the smell of flowers and herbs, a cool drink in your hand and the perfect view: for many students, this would be the perfect end of their work or school day. The newly opened rooftop bar at the Laurel Hotel & Spa offers all of that – and more.  

The Rooftop opened to the public on Sept. 12 and had a successful opening week. Karsyn Hughes, senior in apparel merchandising who works part-time at the Rooftop, reflected on the opening days. 

“It’s been really great, really busy but in a good way. People have had the most positive energy, people are loving it up here," Hughes said. 

Giorgia von Gal, freshman in professional flight, celebrates her birthday at the bar together with her family and is thrilled about the experience.

“It’s just so beautiful! The view is gorgeous, and the people have been really nice," Gal said. 

The rooftop bar is the cherry on top of the modern The Laurel Hotel & Spa and adds another exclusive location to Auburn’s must visits. Its laid-back atmosphere mixed with high-end service and design make the Rooftop bar a unique place in Auburn.  

The Rooftop's vibes are very metropolitan, while guests are still able to enjoy the view over their favorite city. The closeness to campus allows for panorama views of Samford Hall, which also represents the establishment's close connection to the university.

What is special about The Rooftop at The Laurel is its role as a learning environment for Auburn students. Hughes appreciates the Hotel’s involvement with the university and highlights the uniqueness of the sky garden. 

“The Horticulture department plants all the flowers and herbs in the garden, we have over 100 species up here. The kitchen will use them, and they are also used for cocktail garnishing, which is really fun and exciting", Hughes said.

Talking about food and drinks: the Rooftop offers specialty cocktails, wines and beers in addition to a selection of unique sides, appetizers and desserts. If you’re one who’s having a hard time deciding, take Hughes' recommendations and go for the bluesy mule and the ceviche, which has been the most popular among guests.

The exclusiveness and ambiance makes The Rooftop at The Laurel a favorite location in Auburn for a girls’ night out, a date or a family celebration. 

If you want to get the most out of the view, the best time to come is sunset. 

The Rooftop is open Sunday to Thursday 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday to Saturday 3 p.m. to midnight.

Reservations are needed to get access, but they don’t guarantee a table. So don’t miss on a chance to enjoy the new talk in town and make your reservation in advance.  

Share and discuss “The rooftop at The Laurel celebrates successful opening weekend” on social media.