Auburn Food and Wine Festival returns for third year

<p>Auburn's food and wine festival will be held this year at Moore's Mill.&nbsp;</p>

Auburn's food and wine festival will be held this year at Moore's Mill. 

This Saturday, the third annual Auburn Food and Wine Festival will take place at Moore’s Mill Country Club pavilion starting at 4 p.m. 

Approximately 250 guests are expected to attend throughout the evening to taste the variety of foods and beverages tastings offered from a local distillery and restaurants. 

Mrs. Robbie Hyde, Auburn University alumna and president of the board of directors for Auburn Food and Wine, is one of the coordinators of the event.

“This is a walkabout event, so there will be tables set up, six to eight-foot length tables set up for wine tastings. There’s also going to be a beer garden for beer tasting,” Hyde said. “Local restaurants are also doing tables and offering what they’ve chosen to cook for the day to bring. Their chefs have been working and developing some dishes for this kind of event.”

John Emerald Distillery, located in Opelika, will be in attendance to offer tastings of its beverages. Live music will also be playing at the event. 

“We do have a guest who’s from a winery in California who will be there answering and participating in tasting and things like that,” Hyde said. This guest will also be able to answer questions about winemaking as well. 

When it comes to food, local favorites to expect are Acre, The Depot, Vintage 2298 and Christine’s Unlimited. 

“You’re welcome to come and to sample everything at your leisure; it’s just a walk-about community event,” Hyde said. 

The event is partially outside on the patio at Moore’s Mill Country Club, so summery outfits are recommended or whatever is best fit for the weather on the day of the event. 

When purchasing a ticket, the proceeds will be evenly divided between three charities: Project Uplift, Nourish and East Alabama Community Ballet. Tickets are $150 a person for everything at the event. The only exception is a possible cash bar at the event for drinks that will not be included in the ticket price.

“Technically, it’s not a ticket. It is just like a donation, and with your donation, we invite you to attend,” Hyde said. 

Some things Hyde said he wants attendees to know before the event are: you can be readmitted if you have left the event and to make sure you have sunscreen if it is sunny the day of the event. 

The third annual Auburn Food and Wine Festival is a perfect date night for those 21 and older to sample Auburn’s favorite restaurants and try different alcoholic beverages. 

Piper Bosart | Assistant Culture Editor

Piper Bosart, junior in journalism, is the assistant culture editor for The Auburn Plainsman. She has been with The Plainsman since January, 2022.

Share and discuss “Auburn Food and Wine Festival returns for third year” on social media.