Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Food Truck: Amsterdam

Amsterdam Tacos was voted best food truck for Plainsman's choice on Mar. 26, 2021 in Auburn, Ala.

The ‘Dam Food Truck took its place as the top on-campus food truck in the 2023 Plainsman’s Choice for the sixth consecutive year.

Owned by the Amsterdam Café, this food truck brings portable versions of some of the café's most popular menu items to the heart of the Auburn University campus.

Offered fare includes the Amsterdam turkey wrap, a turkey breast dressed with Swiss cheese and your choice of tzatziki sauce, honey mustard or both, all on a soften Lahvosh cracker. Another favorite is the buffalo chicken sandwich, beer battered chicken covered in buffalo sauce wedged between two slices of Texas Toast and a slice of Monterey cheese.

The truck also whips up a crab-cake and avocado sandwich, with jumbo lump crab cake served on a toasted croissant with avocado, creole remoulade and mango pico de gallo, which is a café favorite.

Amsterdam has won the Plainsman’s Choice of best on-campus food truck since it first pulled into campus five years ago, but the Amsterdam café has served hungry customers in Auburn and Opelika since 1991, according to their website.

Since 1991, Amsterdam has expanded into a second hardstand location in the Auburn Research Park and is planning another location in the Northside Crossing commercial development as soon as it is completed. Amsterdam Café also operates the Dam taco truck.

You can find the Dam Food Truck outside of Owen Hall on the Roosevelt Concourse. 

Ethan Flynn | Campus News Editor

Ethan Flynn, sophomore in journalism and finance, is the campus editor at The Auburn Plainsman. He has been with The Plainsman since Fall, 2022.

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice 2023 Best Food Truck: Amsterdam” on social media.