Chief Keef sued for not showing up to Sigma Phi Epsilon concert in April

Chicago rapper Chief Keef, whose real name is Keith Cozart, is being sued for more than $175,000 after he did not perform as scheduled at Auburn's chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon. 

Cozart was scheduled to perform at the Sigma Phi Epsilon's annual "Waikiki" event on April 25. He never showed up, according to Seamus Hill, Sigma Phi Epsilon president. 

Hill told The Plainsman the fraternity only communicated with Cozart through his agent.

"They assured us he was coming and then that night they were like ‘I guess he’s not. He's not on the plane,'" Hill said.

The lawsuit was filed by The Booking Collective, an organization that organizes shows at fraternities all over the U.S., according to the Chicago-Sun Times.

Nate Majer, Sigma Phi Epsilon's vice president of finance, said the fraternity paid The Booking Collective $19,750 to organize the performance. 

After Chief Keef did not show up, Sigma Phi Epsilon sued the company for more than $70,000.

"At the end of the day, they promised us something and they didn't deliver," Majer said. 

Majer said $12,000 of the $19,750 was given to Chief Keef and the rest of the money went to The Booking Collective. That money has not been returned to Sigma Phi Epsilon, according to Majer. 

Majer said the rapper is currently facing several lawsuits, so the fraternity decided to sue the agency. 

"We looked into suing Chief Keef, but we had to get in line," Majer said. "It would've been like a 10 year process."

Majer said the fraternity was looking for a unique artist to perform at their annual show, but the members regret their decision. 

"He was in our price range and we wanted to get someone who had not been to Auburn before," Majer said. "Clearly it was not the best selection."

The Booking Collective has since filed a $175,000 lawsuit against the rapper. 

The agency alleges breach of contract and violation of the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act. 

The Booking Collective, Chief Keef and his representatives have not responded to The Plainsman's request for comments at this time.

Share and discuss “Chief Keef sued for not showing up to Sigma Phi Epsilon concert in April” on social media.