Election results announced, Westerhouse wins president

The votes are in and Jesse Westerhouse is Auburn's next SGA president.

"I want to thank the Lord above all else," Westerhouse said.

SGA reported receiving 8,800 votes. Turnout for the election was approximately 34 percent, roughly the same as last year. 

Westerhouse won with 55 percent of the vote, or 4,216 votes, according to the SGA results document.

Drake Pooley came in second with 37 percent, or 2,186 votes.

"Jesse's a great guy and a great friend," Pooley said. "The students' voices were heard tonight and that's all we can ask."

Adam Brasher garnered 8 percent, or 614 votes.

"I wish I could've won but I gave it my best, I gave it my all," Brasher said. "But Auburn voted. They put the person in that they wanted so I'm not going to say anything against that."

Brandon Honeywell won vice president with 68 percent, or 4,475 votes.

"I'm just super humbled by this opportunity," Honeywell said. "I'm just really excited and so thankful for everyone who helped me out this whole week. It's been a real humbling process to have friends that will get behind you on something that you're excited about and I'm really looking forward to the next year."

James Beauchaine won treasurer with 54 percent, or 3,858 votes.

"First, I just want to say congratulations to Pinkleton for a great campaign run," Beauchaine said. "I am just incredibly blessed to have such great friends and supporters and to have this opportunity, and really excited to hit the ground running in the year to come."

Madison Rolling won Miss Auburn with 2,355 votes.

"This is a huge honor," Rolling said. "All the candidates were incredible girls and I'm so excited I got to share this opportunity with them. Honestly, I thought any of us could've won and any of us would've done awesome."

View The Auburn Plainsman's real-time coverage from the callouts here.

Share and discuss “Election results announced, Westerhouse wins president” on social media.